- Microsoft Office Suite programs such as Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Windows XP or 7, 8, and Internet Research (Coming Soon Windows 10)
- Internet Tips and Safety
- Resume Writing
- Job Searching
- Web Design
- Build Your Own Computer
- Custom Classes for Non-profits
- Start your own PC give-away Workshops
- Technology Tuesday’s
- Surfing Seniors on Saturday’s for 60+
- Youth – Get Your Tech On, Computer Components, and Animating Avatars Training in Summer Programs and Spring and Winter Break Computer Camps.
- MOS Testing Prep
- and many more, don’t hesitate to ask!
Currently Summer/Fall 2015 Courses & Test Prep Boot Camps:
- Email 101 or Internet 101 – Saturday course for FREE to Tri-County residents of Ingham, Eaton, or Clinton counties
- 2 Day Basic Computers – Creating, Checking, Sending Email, Using the Mouse, and Searching the internet. $20* per person *(FREE for low-income, veterans, disabled, and seniors) Weekdays by appt. only.
- Digital Terminology – FREE to low-income residents Tri-County residents of Ingham, Eaton, or Clinton
- Keyboarding Intro/Basics- FREE to low-income residents in Tri-County area of Ingham, Eaton, or Clinton (by appt. only)
- Let’s Get Social – FREE training about social media (i.e. FaceBook, Twitter, and others)
- Cyberbullying – FREE training on topic for low-income residents of TriCounty area
- 4 week Technology Course – teaches participants Word skills, Intro to Excel, Intro to PowerPoint and the computer environment with searching the internet, along with intro to Google Docs and saving to PDF. Also included is “Exam Prep” only, for the participant to get ready to sit for a Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Word Exam. This course runs $150/participant (Certification Exam is not included in cost) and upon successful completion of course a certificate, which includes a Closing The Digital Gap (CTDG) certificate and typing certificate with Words per Minute (WPM) and Accuracy included on certificate.
- 2 week Technology Course – teaches participants Intermediate Word only and preps the student for the Microsoft Word certification exam. This course runs $150/participant and upon successful completion a course certificate from CTDG and Typing Test with Certificate that includes the Words Per Minute (wpm) & Accuracy included on certificate, with optional 10-Key Test and Certificate included on certificate, as well.
- 1 Day Boot Camp Prep with a Certification exam is $150 NOTE: Each MOS test comes with practice test and retake within 30 days of exam. Upon successful completion of the certification exam, participants get a certificate from Microsoft Corporation directly. Please see http://www.ctdg.org/testing for info regarding the exam pricing and benefits of the credential. Participant must take and pass an assessment test at CTDG to enroll in the boot camp or have taken a course in Word from Lansing Community College (LCC), Career Quest, or Davenport University or other community college in Michigan
- Technology Tuesday’s – $50 per 2.5 Hour session on Tuesday’s. Please Call (517) 485-7581 or email CTDGinbox@gmail.com for Tuesday Topics each month of courses.
- Digital Displays – Coming in Fall 2015, please call for more information (517) 485-7581
- E-books Made Easy – learn how to create an ebook and distribute on various formats (by appointment only)
- Youth Program in Coding Basics for Summer and After School during 2015 (Coming during Spring Break 2016)
- Youth Program in Computer Components for Summer and After School during 2015 (Coming during Spring Break 2016)
- MICROSOFT Expert or Master Prep course $750 and $950 per participant. Each Session is 4 weeks. Contact instructor for more info. (517) 485-7581
- Computer Specialist Course is $1,000 per participant and includes a laptop with various software.
*Any and all listed fees or pricing is subject to change without prior notice. All courses identified as FREE will remain free during 2015 & 2016 but have limited number of seats/date offerings and we encourage you to cancel in advance if you cannot attend to allow for another participant to take your place in the training.
Don’t see the course you need? Then feel free to call Closing The Digital Gap to customize a training course to fit your individual and/or company needs. We have blended learning, online courses and in-house training available by request only. Please call (517) 485-7581 or email Closing The Digital gap at CTDGinbox@gmail.com for more information and to schedule an assessment of needs for training.
From time to time, Grant Funding and Scholarships are available, when funding is provided and available, so please don’t hesitate to ask when you inquire about receiving training or services. All grant funded training is subject to the requirements of the grantor and must be met before participation in specified programs or services.