The CTDG–DOL pilot program is a four-week to eight-week computer training course for qualified individuals in the Lansing area depending upon their assessment scores. Computer training classes are offered from 1:00 P.M. until 4:00 P.M. and from 6:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M, Monday through Thursday.
Participants acquire basic and/or intermediate computer skills in Windows Operating System, word processing, presentation programs, Internet research and more. At the end of the program, participants receive a certificate of completion, a computer, and one year free Internet access from ACD.net or Triton (Some restrictions may apply). In January of every year CTDG hosts a yearly anniversary celebration where program graduates receive recognition and a certificate from our supporters.
Five Easy Steps:
To be considered for the CTDG-DOL program you must complete the following:
1. Take the Lansing Community College (LCC) reading and writing assessment tests at LCC or Michigan Works and submit a copy of your scores to CTDG.
2. Provide Proof of Income
- 1040 IRS form
- Unemployment Check
- Depart of Human Services letter of eligibility
- Veteran letter of annual income.
- Social Security Administration annual income letter
- Birth certificate
3. Proof of Dependents
- Birth Certificate & School Record
- Birth Certificate & Shot Record1040 IRS form
- Adoption or Guardianship Documents
- Valid Driver’s License or State ID
- Social Security Card
5.Complete CTDG summary application available on this web site:
All documents must be submitted with your application. Upon approval of your application, you will be scheduled for class.